having only seen emily blunt in the devil wears prada, i didn't know what to expect of her in a completely different role, but i was deeply impressed by the complexity of her victoria. sometimes petulant, sometimes naive, but always like a bird with wings too big for its cage. thoughtful. fearless. flawed.
emily blunt in dior haute couture, shot for vanity fair| slideshow here |
in any case, i definitely recommend the movie if you're into modern-ishly interpreted period movies. it's not indie like sofia coppola's marie antoinette, it's definitely more straight-laced and subdued. but it really is lovely. i just think sarcasm from proper, royal british ladies is pretty downright wonderful :)
love,
she.
love,
she.
3 comments:
I was totally blown away by this movie also! It turns out Emily Blunt is a HUGE star in London. We just haven't seen much of here. I hope she starts doing more American movies! Great blog.
PS My giveaway ends today! Come check it out ;)
Beatriz.
http://www.thatgirlinpearls.com/2010/05/pearl-giveaway.html
i looooved the movie... she was really perfect for the role!!!
I want to see this with you.
Terrifically.
Post a Comment